Submit Your Manuscript
Our progressive publishing method is a great no-cost option for authors. However, there are several criteria that your manuscript must meet before we can approve it to be published in this manner. First and foremost, the manuscript must be complete. We cannot approve manuscripts which are not complete. Second, the manuscript must be approved by our Acquisitions Editor. Our Acquisitions Editor reviews all manuscripts and evaluates them for character and plot development, writing style, libelous, scandalous or explicit material, marketability, salability and finally spelling, sentence structure and other grammatical issues. The less editing required, the greater the chance of it being published by Old Line Publishing. Upon a favorable review by our acquisitions editor, an agreement is then signed and the book is placed into our system for publication. If your book is not selected for our progressive publishing method, then we encourage all authors to use our self-publishing division, Maple Creek Media. In most cases, our fees are dramatically less than other online self-publishers and the services we offer are better; especially with regards to author service.
In order for your manuscript to be considered for our progressive publishing please follow these instructions and adhere to the specified conditions:
1) The manuscript must be complete and ready for publishing.
2) The manuscript should be accompanied by a synopsis of 500-1000 words and should include; a) the main plot line and pivotal
subplots, b) the main characters and their main conflict/contribution to the story, c) how the story opens and how the story concludes, d) the
setting/location, e) the overall tone of the story, and f) the intended genre or target audience.
3) The manuscript must be typed in Microsoft Word and must be saved as either a .doc file or a .docx file.
4) The manuscript should be typed using size 11 Times New Roman Font, with single line spacing and justified text. There should only be a single space between sentences and hard returns should only be used at the end of the paragraph. The page size should be 8.5 x 11 and should have 0.5 inch margins on each side and 1 inch margins at the top and bottom. Please remove any headers. Footers should only contain the page number.
5) Please include your query letter as the first page of your manuscript and make sure it includes your full name, your home address, your telephone number, and your email address.
6) Send your manuscript as an attachment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Manuscripts which are imbedded into the body of an email cannot be accepted. You may include your query letter as part of your email, however, it must also be included as the first page of your manuscript.
7) You will receive an email notifying you that we have received your manuscript. It takes 14-28 days to get a complete review of the manuscript and you will be notified via email of the decision.